|Posted on June 10, 2017 at 5:25 PM|
When traveling for vacation or work, or in our case performance tours, it is so easy to fall out of your regular exercise routine. Since we tour often, it is so important as a dancer, singer and model to stay fit and healthy and to keep an exercise schedule while on the road however it is just as important for you too. Here are 6 simple exercises you can do in the privacy and comfort of your own hotel room and you can be done in 30 minutes.
1.) Shoulder Press with water bottles (supplies- two 16.9 oz water bottles):
- Hold one 16.9 oz full water bottle in each hand. Stand with your feet shoulder width a part.
- Extend both arms out at each side, palms up with water bottle in each hand.
- Bend your elbows and bring the water bottles to your shoulders.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps.
2.) Tone Your Butt:
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides.
- Bend your knees with your feet flat on the ground.
- Slowly lift your hips off the ground and towards the ceiling.
- As you lift your hips, squeeze your glutes and hold for 60 seconds.
- Lower your hips back to the starting position.
- Do 3 reps.
3.) Abs (supplies- two 16.9 oz water bottles):
- Sit on the ground.
- Lift both feet off the ground and hold in a V position. You can cross your feet for more control.
- Hold water bottles between both hands.
- Swivel left to right bringing the water bottle across your body and to each side while maintaining your legs in the V position.
- Do 3 sets of 20
4.) Squats to tone your legs and butt:
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips and angle your toes slightly out.
- Extend your arms out in front of you connecting your hands together comfortably.
- Slowly bend at your knees while keeping your back straight and slightly angled forward. Try not to extend your knees past your toes.
- Return to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 20
- To add weight, hold two 16.9 oz water bottle between both hands.
5.) Oblique Twist (supplies- one 16.9 oz water bottle):
- Stand with your legs shoulder width a part, knees slightly bent and your back flat up against a wall.
- Hold your water bottle in your hands.
- Twist your body from left to right touching the water bottle to the wall while keeping your back flat against the wall.
- Do this the entire your length of your absolute favorite song or 3 reps of 60 seconds.
The plank is a great exercise to help strengthen & tighten your core.
- Lay flat on the ground, tummy facing the ground.
- Prop yourself up on your forearms. Clasp your hands together. Hands and forearms should be flat on the ground.
- ADVANCED: Straighten your arms with palms touching the ground.
- Only your toes should be touching the ground.
- The goal is to have your back perfectly straight holding your core tight.
- Hold this position for 60-120 seconds. Work your way up to 120 seconds.
- Do 3 reps
Bam and you're done! 6 Easy Exercises you can do in your hotel room. We find it so important to make your workout routine fun and sassy. Put on your favorite workout clothes - or heck even your birthday suit - throw up your hair, and crank up that high-energy music to pump you up. When you are finished with your 6 simple exercises, add a few lemons to those water bottles and get your hydration on.
Cheers to a more fit and healthier you.
Categories: Health & Fitness